Analyzers and Tools: Do you have an interest in songs or audio? Well, do you know about Audacity? It helps you to record and edit audios with the best features ever. You can make ringtones, transfer tapes, mix stereo tracks, split tracks, and so much more.
- Sponsored Links -
The ‘Generate’ Menu
Audacity is an audio recorder and editor. To create new audios, the ‘Generate’ menu is very helpful. Although there is no keyboard shortcut is there for generating new audios, this article tells you how to use ‘Generate’ to make new audios.
Creating or recording new audios and tracks can be done separately. And, new audios can also be created as an extension to existing or previously recorded audios. You can generate tones, noise, silence, and the sound of instruments using various options in the ‘Generate’ menu. In addition, you can add audio from an imported audio stream.
The various functions that you can use
- Generating Waveforms: Controlling the beginning and ending frequencies and amplitudes of the tones, you can generate different variants of tones. These tones can be of the waveforms square, sine, and sawtooth. This automatically sets the frequency range.
The lower limit is 1Hz and the upper limit is the frequency value, which is equal to half the currently running frequency of the project rate. Also, the DTMF helps you generate sounds, like those of keypads. These are generally the dual tones that produce sounds of two frequencies.
- Noise/silence: Audacity helps you generate noise or silence. Actually, the sound of zero amplitude is produced. This generates silence in the audio. Additionally, you can produce the noise sounds in three variants. We can use white, brown or pink options to create noise in our audio tracks.
- Instruments: Audacity can generate sounds produced by various instruments. While we are recording audios, we can choose to play the sounds of drums in the background. This is a very useful tool to enhance the recorded sounds. We can also choose to generate the sounds that eventually fade in the air. Also, we can keep them on a fixed, selected pitch too. Hence, this is the best way to improve the track’s quality as it gives a very unique and pleasing effect on the ears.
The users can generate the track by using equally-spaced, rhythmic sounds. If these are at a specified tempo and a fixed rate of the count of beats, it sounds all the greater!
- Import: You can import the numeric data and use it to generate sounds. This eventually is very useful to overlap with some other track. Also, we can keep it as a separate track.
Audacity is great! You can generate sound by recording your voice, by generating sounds of noise, silence, keys, or sounds from other instruments. Similarly, the generated audios you can add anywhere on the track. Any track can be easily extended by inserting the generated audio in the place of the cursor. In addition, it can replace some existing, selected audio piece in the track. This can create an entirely new track.
Read more articles.
- The Audacity’s file menu
- Fades feature in Audacity
- Learn to use the Fade and Crossfade feature on Audacity
- Analyzers and Tools