If you are unable to find an appropriate forum where you can use your skills to transform a track into an amazing audio file, you must use Audacity! Audacity has countless options for creating amazing audio. Whether you wish to import, export, or record, Audacity will help you do it all.
In addition, you can use commands or drop-down option to work on Audacity. And whichever option you choose to work with, you will experience a new and interesting way of creating audio files.
Now, it is time for you to learn about another feature of Audacity, which will help you a lot. Have a look!
How to work with Compressor?
Before you start working with a compressor, you must know what a compressor is. A compressor helps reduce the dynamic range of audio. If you want to process further amplification, then you must reduce the range of the audio. Once the audio is compressed by the Compressor, it is automatically amplified.
If you use the Compressor feature, there will be an increase in the average RMS level. As a result, you will find it useful if you play the audio in a noisy environment such as a car or during a speech.
If you want to know how a compressor works, you must observe the graph below. One can easily study the graph to understand the workings of a compressor. As you make changes in some sliders, you shall be able to see changes in the graph. You can study these changes to work and enhance the audio quality.
Use the controls
If you want to work in a more efficient manner, with the Compressor on Audacity, you must use various controls which are available. Such as the following:
- You can use the threshold to experience the effects of compressing audio.
- You can use the ratio to work on your audio. It displays the degree of compression. And, if you wish to increase the louder parts of a compressed audio, simply increase the ratio.
- You can make use of attack time to adjust the volume and threshold. If the volume is high, you can push it to a higher value. Short attack times will give rise to fast responses to sudden sounds. However, the listeners will quickly be aware of the changes.
- You can also use the downward compression or the upwards compression to work with your audio. The usage of such compressor movements shall help you to create audio files.
Audacity offers extensive features that shall help you to create some amazing audio.
Creating audio is a cumbersome task. It requires lots of effort to create good audio. When you wish to create successful audio, editing forms an inevitable part of the process. There are many aspects of editing audio. Audacity shall provide the perfect assistance in creating audio. And, you will get all the necessary help in creating good audio. You can use these controls to create great audio files.
So, come and start working with Audacity and have a whole new experience!
Read more articles.
- Create audios with Audacity error opening sound device
- VST effect menu
- The LADSPA effect menu in Audacity